Isle of Harris Golf Club
To engage with visitors to the Isle of Harris Golf Club.
This is an important opportunity for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to work at and on the Isle of Harris Golf Course to welcome and support visitors and members alike.
• Communicate and engage with visitors to promote and encourage responsible access to the course.
• Manage the collection of visitor fees
• Hire out clubs and golf trolleys
• Provide food & refreshments to golf club visitors and club members
• Monitor car parking area for capacity and safe usage
• Assist our greenkeeper with tasks on the course
• Clubhouse housekeeping
• Stock control of housekeeping supplies
• Sell golf club merchandise and manage stock levels
• Follow employer H&S procedures and policies at all times
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Friendly and confident in engaging with people. Diplomatic but with an ability to have challenging conversations.
• Practical experience alongside a willingness to learn.
• Organised, self-motivated and able to work both independently and with other staff.
• Able to prepare and work to risk assessments and health and safety policies.
• Full, clean driving licence essential.
• Flexible approach to working hours as weekend and evening work will be essential.
• Good knowledge of Harris and the local community is desirable.
• Ability to speak / understanding of Gaelic is desirable.
Type of contract: A fixed term contract starting ASAP – until 30th September 2022
Hours: Full-time, flexible, Monday to Saturday (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £22,000 per annum FTE
Pension: 5% employer contribution to an auto-enrolment pension scheme
Reporting to: Golf Club Captain
Location: The Isle of Harris Golf Club
The Isle of Harris Golf Club standard terms and conditions of employment apply.
Please email your application to: [email protected] by midnight, Friday 20th May, 2022. Interviews to be held the week commencing Monday 30th May for a start date ASAP.